CEIU BC/YT New Activist Bursary
New Activist is defined as follows:
1. A member in good standing of BC/YT
2. Does/has not actively participated in Union meetings, conferences, committees, and events.
3. May have had some training
4. May hold an elected position on a local executive
5. May hold an elected position on the Regional Executive Council (not more than one term)
At the 2017 CEIU BC/YT Presidents Conference we approved a resolution for a $3000 new activist bursary to be awarded in the fall of each year for use in the following calendar year.
A new activist is not necessarily a young worker, it could be any activist that is newly engaged or reengaged in the union. Generally, they do not sit on many committees or councils and may not be able to secure funding to attend events.
The money provided by the bursary can be used for any Convention, Conference or Training and will be paid out after those events unless an advance is specifically asked for.
Members applying for the bursary must provide a minimum 1 page submission.
Applications for 2018 are being accepted until November 15 2017.